I cleaned out my son’s playroom while he was off playing at the park with Husband. I went through and got rid of anything that was broken, that he didn’t really play with and a lot of little toys that he had doubles of.
I got all my organization baskets from Target, and I put together a new 4 cube bookcase for the playroom. That book case was a total bear to put together. It looked like it should have been easy, but it wasn’t. It’s also from Target.
I made sure to organize all his toys by type…so go go smart wheels, duplo legos, and mega blocs. He mostly plays with his go go smart wheels, which is why he has so much of them. For Christmas we got him one more set, and also extra tracks because he likes to connect them all together and make a little village with them. He can spend hours with these toys.
The bookcases have some of my books in them on the top shelf so they aren’t all his. FYI if you didn’t know I read ALOT.
- Right now I’m reading Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. I’m actually almost done with it. I got a few books from the library that I’m hoping to get to soon.
- I can’t wait to watch last nights episode of This is Us! Ugh I love this show so much. Mandy Moore has always been a favorite of mine, and she is phenomenal in this show along with all the other characters. This is the only new show I picked up this season.
- Other things I watched this week: the new fixer upper, Monday afternoon for whatever reason I watched Kid’s Baking Championship on Food Network all afternoon. I cried pretty much all the way through Miracles From Heaven. Seriously! The whole movie I was sobbing. Then i went and hugged my son after I finished it that night. I also watched The Parent Trap on Netflix.
- My son started preschool again this week, and he was very happy to get back to that routine. He loves school right now. He gets to run around on the playground and do crafts. It’s probably the best thing I ever did for him.
- He’s not quite ready to give up Christmas though as we are still watching Frosty the Snowman.
- I have family from Sweden in town right now, and so I’m making my enchiladas tonight for them.